After months of rumours and speculation, and some pictures and announcements by phase 5 digital products, it looks as if they're close to delivery: Phase 5 have posted a pre-order price list of their upcoming products on their facebook page!
Pretty much all their well-known products are there - in updated versions! The Cyberstorm PPC becomes the Cyberstorm PPC 2, the Blizzard 1230 is now at version five ("V"), the G-Rex PCI daughterboard is updated to G-Rex 2, etc.
And there's also an interesting new addition, called "Blizzard 560 MK I + SCSI + Ext.".
YouTube channel "Amiga Wave" seem to be the first to have received the pre-order price list, and they have released a nice presentation with some technical information (see "Sources", below).
68060 CPUs on the various accelerators now run at 60MHz, PowerPC clock rates have been upped to 400Mhz, and PCBs of course have been refined and updated. There's a new SCSI-Kit "V" for the 1230 MK V and 1260, and it's 1230 MK IV compatible.
Prices will make most people choke - almost 1000EUR for the Blizzard 560 - but we can safely assume these products are top-notch quality and performance.
Without further ado, here it is*:
Phase 5 official pre-order price list, taxes included, September 2017
- Cyberstorm PPC 2 (604e@400Mhz): 1490,- EUR
- Cyberstorm MK IV (68060@60Mhz): 1149,- EUR
- Blizzard 2060 MK II with SCSI-II (68060@60Mhz): 979,- EUR
- Blizzard PPC 2 603e+ (603e@400Mhz): 1249,- EUR
- Blizzard 1260 MK III (68060@60Mhz): 799,- EUR
- Blizzard 1230 MK V (68030@50Mhz): 399,-EUR
- Blizzard 560 MK I + SCSI-II + Ext. (68060@60Mhz): 979,- EUR
- Blizzard SCSI Kit V (SCSI-II): 279,- EUR
- CyberVision 64 3D 2 (S3 Virge, 4MB): 398,- EUR
- BVision 2 (Permedia 2, 8MB): 398,- EUR
- CyberVision PPC 2 (Permedia 2, 8MB): 398,- EUR
- G-Rex 2 PCI: 499,- EUR
Note that all of the products' production quantity is limited!
To 499 units, 250 units, or some even just 100 units.**
UPDATE Jan. 3rd 2018:
Please keep in mind that especially due to recent events the information provided by phase 5 digital products is highly controversial. You are strongly advised to do research before placing an order. We are still hoping all issues can be resolved. I am in no way affiliated with Salvador Fernandez Gomez or phase 5 digital products.
|(C) phase 5 digital products|
**) That's super odd, phase 5. And again, no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this - or any, for that matter - information.
Phase 5 logo used with written permission by S. F. Gomez of phase 5 via e-mail on 2017-09-12.